RECIPE: SALMON CAPONATA
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- 1 LB eggplant, small dice
- ½ Sweet onion, small dice
- 3 Ribs celery, small dice
- 2 Tablespoon sliced green olives, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Cup Stancato’s Marinara sauce
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Shallot, brunoise
- 1 Cup risotto rice
- ½ Cup Stancato’s Pinot Grigio
- 1 Quart hot chicken stock
- ½ Cup Stancato’s Piccata sauce
- 1 LB Salmon, cut into 4 equal parts
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat 1/4 Cup olive oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Cook eggplant until caramelized, about 6-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, set aside in bowl.
- Add additional oil if needed, sauté onion until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add olives, capers, and 1 tablespoon sugar, cook and stir and about 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and marinara, simmer for 5 minutes on low and add eggplant. Season to taste. Allow caponata to sit until room temperature, then stir in basil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and sweat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook until rice begins to turn translucent. Add wine and cook until evaporated.
- Begin to add chicken stock 4-6 ounces at a time, waiting for it to evaporate each time. Continue cooking rice over medium-low heat until al dente.
- Add Piccata, cheese, and butter. Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Pat dry and season salmon with salt & pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add salmon to pan skin side up, cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes until done or 135-140 degrees F.
- Plate and Enjoy!